Saturday, January 15, 2005

Reflection

Ever since I met her in English class last wednesday, I have been seeing her everywhere: on the bus, be it school or non school time, in the sub...no I do not have a crush on her. The important point here is that, there are many things in which we see everyday, but they do not register into our memory. We live in a constant flux of changing sceneries, in which one is the same as the other; all people we see on the bus are the same, unless they have names in which we have come to know. She told me that she has seen me before on the bus; perhaps she is more attentive than I am, which is truly ironic, because I have always insisted to be more aware of the beings around us, to slow down and look at things carefully; however, I must confess that I have never seen her before until English class...

Yes, I must say that I am hypocritical, perhaps unintentionally so: who is not immersed in a stream of everyday busyness these days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home